Commercial filmed on El Camino College campus

There was plenty of activity on the El Camino College campus as a commercial production crew had a major presence in various locations including directly in front of El Cappuccino cafe on Wednesday, Nov 8. (Clarence Davis | The Union)

Today, El Cappuccino was ready for its close-up.

Film crews were setting up for a day-long commercial shoot on Wednesday, Nov. 8, by El Cappuccino.

The commercial film shoot took place on an outdoor path that runs alongside the cafe.

“There are shoots happening on a semi-regular basis on campus,” Production Supervisor Morgan Stump said.

Stump was in charge of overseeing the commercial production. It was the last day of a two-day shoot.

“We set up, we film then we take everything down and call it a day,” Stump said. “It takes six weeks to put a job like this together from start to finish.”

A crew member was stocking a new vending machine with chip bags before the cameras started rolling.

Crew members took cover by the Bookstore while the monitors were set up to screen footage nearby.

Producers review footage shot on El Camino College while filming a commercial on Nov. 8.
Producers review footage shot at El Camino College while filming a commercial on Nov. 8. (Erica Lee | The Union)

This is the second time this week a film crew was on campus.

Production vans were seen near parking Lot H on Redondo Beach Boulevard on Nov. 6, for an unrelated project.

El Camino is a frequent shooting location for many production companies due to its accessibility and space for film crews to set up and shoot.

A film crew makes sure the path is clear in preparation for a commercial shoot at El Camino College on Nov. 8.
A film crew makes sure the path is clear in preparation for a commercial shoot at El Camino College on Nov. 8. (Erica Lee | The Union)

El Cappuccino employee Nubia Funez, 22, was taking peeks at the action from behind the counter inside the cafe in between lunch orders.

“I’m excited if I can see any short snippets of what’s going on,” she said.

The staff at El Cappucino were completing orders of lattes and coffee for the production crew and the usual student customers.

“It’s been pretty busy, not going to lie,” Funez said. “It’s been nonstop.”

Union reporters Angela Osorio and Joshua Flores contributed to this story.

Editor’s Note: Article updated to remove branding information on Nov. 9, at 11:42 a.m.