Baseball team drops game one of the playoff series with Cypress College, 11-4.

After the Warriors came back to tie the game at four in top of the seventh inning, Cypress College put two runners on base with one out for infielder Nick Reeser who skied a ball deep down the left field line that just snuck over the fence in fair territory for a three-run home run putting the Chargers up 7-4 in the bottom of the seventh inning.

Cypress scored four in the seventh and three in the eighth and went on to beat El Camino by the final of 11-4, in game one of the Southern California Regional Playoffs on Friday.

“I actually thought we played really well, it was a tie game going into the 7th inning,” coach Fernley said. “Then a walk, a jam shot hit and then the home run and that’s really baseball. It comes down to being able to throw up a zero sometimes after battling back”

Starting pitcher for El Camino’s baseball team was freshman Cassius Hamm who battled through seven innings, holding Cypress to four runs before giving up the big home run and being charged with 10 runs on the day.

I felt really good coming into today, I felt like it was a really good game up until the seventh inning then things kind of fell apart,” Hamm said. “For the most part I thought I pitched well and we all have that one pitch I wish I could get back.”

The Warriors’ offense was led by sophomore right fielder Nick Sablock who hit a solo home run in the sixth and hit a two out game tying RBI double in the seventh inning.

“Going in we knew he was going to throw hard, I was just trying to attack early,” Sablock said. “It was a pitch up in the zone (the home run pitch), a mistake pitch essentially, and I put a good swing on it; I took a bad swing on the curve. I dont know why he threw a fastball after that but he did.

Game two of the series is at Cypress College on Saturday at 11 a.m. with a potential game three being played right after is the Warriors win game two.

We have confidence we’ve already beat them once,” Sablock said. “We need to win one more game to get back into it and put them on their heels.”

Sophomore pitcher Sebastian Sanchez will take the mound in game two in the win or go home match-up against Cypress on Saturday.