Up next for men’s volleyball team: First round of playoffs at Golden West College on Friday

Outside hitter Josh Riblett (from left), middle blocker Peter Nordel, libero Andre Labayen, and setter Michael Otazu celebrate as they tie the game at 8-8 during set four. The Warriors played a home game against the Vikings on April 6. Photo credit: Sue Hong

Even with the early-season struggles and the unimpressive play of the men’s volleyball team (10-9 overall, 7-5 in the Western State Conference), El Camino’s head coach Dick Blount has pushed his team enough to make it to playoffs.

This will also be the sixth-consecutive playoff appearance for the WSC No. 3 seed Warriors, Blount said.

But the road to the state championship is far from easy; every single one of the other five teams has a better record than El Camino but the Warriors have a date with the Pacific Coast Conference’s No. 2 seed Golden West College Rustlers (17-4, 11-2 in the PCC) Friday.

When: Friday, April 22, 7 p.m.

Where: Golden West College

Admission: $12 for general admission, $8 with student ID

Follow @ECCUnionPhil for live coverage and scores on Friday.