Women’s soccer falls to Mt. San Antonio

El Camino’s women’s soccer’s (2-3-2) defense is slowly falling apart this season as they drop game seven in conference to the Mt. San Antonio College Mounties (Mt. SAC) (4-2-1) with a 4-1 loss on Tuesday.

“Our outside mid was not controlling the ball,” freshman midfielder Sarina Ferlazzo said. “We were all playing positions we usually don’t play because two key players Ashley Mercado (Injured) and Princess Butler (midterm exam) couldn’t play.”

The Warriors’ only goal came in the 39th minute mark of the first half with a free kick goal from freshman midfielder Miranda Ramirez, according to Ferlazzo.

“After scoring I felt confident that we would take the W,” Ramirez said. “We played good ending the first half, but in the second half the defense made small mistakes that cost us the game.”

Mt. San Antonio came back with three goals of their own midway through the second half. Midfielder Hallie Culottie tied the game in the 69th minute with a pass from midfielder Abigail Colmenares. Two minutes later, midfielder Nicolette Seargeant gave Mt. SAC the lead with a goal of her own, according to Ramirez.

In the 79th minute mark, defender Janae Avila sealed the game for Mt. SAC with a goal assisted by Colmenares (two assists combined), according to Ramirez.

The Warriors will play home this Friday at 4 p.m. against Compton College.