Men’s soccer falls to Long Beach City College

The Warriors’ men’s soccer team dropped game three in its conference with a 3-1 loss at Long Beach City College on Tuesday, Assistant Coach Ever Morataya said.

For the past six games, the Warriors have yet to win a game. Their last victory was a 3-1 win against Santa Ana on Sept. 11.

In the first half, freshman midfielder Alejandro Lopez creates his own shot and scored in the 14th minute to give the Warriors took a 1-0 lead over LBCC.

The Warriors’ defense scored an own goal at the 31-minute mark that led to a tied game. One minute later, the Long Beach offense was able to execute again, Mario Ballesteros scoring off a pass from teammate James Pacheco.

“Their offense was able to execute, two goals in under three minutes is just unacceptable,” Morataya said.

In the first half, the Warriors had six shots in total, while LBCC had seven, Morataya said.

Long Beach sealed the game at the 57-minute mark with Mario Ballesteros’ second goal of the game that put LBCC up 3-1. Joel Atilano and Andrew Hernandez assisted in the score.

“In the second half we did not manage to control the ball or the game,” Morataya said. “We are not finishing our chances.”

“We create many chances on goal, but we can’t execute, that is the problem,” sophomore team captain Carlos Torres said. “We are a young team, most of the guys just came out of high school and they are adapting to the physicality of the game at the college level. I feel that overall we play good, but our confidence is not high.”

The men’s soccer team plays home this Friday against East Los Angeles College at 4 p.m.

All stats collected from Assistant Coach Ever Morataya.