Up next for women’s volleyball: Friday vs. Grossmont College and San Diego Mesa College

The El Camino women’s volleyball team (7-2) will host Grossmont (6-0) and San Diego Mesa (5-3) colleges in a mini-tournament on Friday.

The Warriors are coming off a tough loss against Mira Costa College at the Cerritos Falcon Tournament, but will try to take some wins in the team’s first home matches this season.

Sophomore opposite hitter Taylor Brydon has been the workhorse for the team and currently ranks No. 2 in the state 113 kills, but the Warriors will need to find a way to deal with Mesa’s sophomore outside hitter Isabel Miller, who is No. 1 in the state with 115 kills.

Grossmont’s offensive capabilities won’t be too far behind as the Griffins will field No. 38 in the state Robyn Arthur, who has 70 kills.

However, the Warriors could be equipped with the defensive front-line to deal with the attacks, as Brydon is currently the No. 14 solo blocker in the state with 15 and her teammate, sophomore middle blocker Victoria Curtice, is No. 13 with 16 solo blocks.

When: Friday, Sept. 16 at 11 a.m. and 5 p.m. (approx.)

Where: South Gym at El Camino.

Screen Shot 2016-09-13 at 12.59.52 PM.png
The El Camino women's volleyball team on the road against San Diego Mesa College in a neutral match at Long Beach City College. Photo credit: Phil Sidavong