Scores: Beach volleyball team dominates Cypress College in rematch of season opener

Taylor Brydon attacks the ball at the net against the Cypress College Chargers during a home game on Wednesday, March 30. Photo credit: Sue Hong

The El Camino beach volleyball team is showing the kind of dominance it did under head coach Le Valley Pattison in the 2015 indoor volleyball season.

The Warriors just capped off another week undefeated after a 5-0 sweep over the Cypress College Chargers today.

The only pair to go three sets was the No. 1 pair of Laynie Thompson and Sadie Fraker against Cypress College’s Cierra Boaz and Susan Suski.

“We struggled at first but we just weren’t playing our game,” Thompson said. “We were low energy which doesn’t work well with volleyball.”

Here are the match scores against Cypress College on 3/30:

• No. 5 pair of Brooklyn Rubio and Kezia Boyer (substitute) crushed the opposing pair 21-9 and 21-11 in straight sets.
  • No. 4 pair of Jessica Dow and Victoria Curtice continue their undefeated season after a 21-16 and 21-14 win.
  • No. 3 pair of Brooke Russell and Taylor Bryon outlast their Cypress College counterparts 21-14 and 22-20.
  • No. 2 pair of Nickeisha Williams and Michelle Shimamoto had a closer match in a 21-17 and 21-16 win over the Chargers.
  • While the No. 1 pair of Laynie Thompson and Sadie Fraker continued to struggle against the Chargers’ pair of Susan Suski and Cierra Boaz after a three-set win (17-21, 21-13, 15-12). Thompson and Fraker also had a tough three-set win in the season opener against the same pair.