Sand volleyball team’s run at a state championship ends

The Warriors’ sand volleyball season came to an end on Tuesday when they were eliminated from the playoffs, also ending their chances of advancing to the state finals, according to EC athletics.

The sand volleyball team played against Grossmont College and Santa Ana College. The matches were hosted by higher-seeded Grossmont.

The Warriors split their doubleheader. They were first swept by Grossmont College (only their second time being swept this season), and then beat Santa Ana College 3-2, according to EC athletics.

To read the previous story on the last match of the sand volleyball team’s regular season, click here.

This was the first and only meetings of the season that the Warriors had against Grossmont College and Santa Ana College.

Grossmont College advanced to the state finals taking place on Friday and hosted by Irvine Valley College.

While the playoffs may be over for the sand volleyball team, Brooke Russell and Nickeisha Williams will represent the Warriors on Saturday when they compete in the Individual State Championship tournament hosted by Irvine Valley College.

To view previous scores of the regular season including the playoffs click here.

To view the brackets and times for the Individual State Championship tournament click here.