Men’s tennis loses seventh straight game

Sophomore Dillon Sisson brought out his speaker and plugged his phone up to the auxiliary cord.

The speaker blasted all types of music, from rap, alternative and many other genres in order to pump his teammates up for the game.

The Warriors’ home match was a non-conference match up between the Brahmas of Los Angeles Pierce College and the Warriors, who lost 3-6.

Going into the singles competition strategy was on the mind of assistant coach Yasuto Miyawaki who said that he was “switching some players around.”

Sisson said, “I don’t know how it’s going to play out because we have never played Pierce before this season.”

This is one of two home games being played this week for EC as they are still in search of win number two this season with the record of 1-8 and a seven-game losing streak.

The key wins should come from sophomore Josh Legardy and freshman Mark Dalton, Ricky Kingham and Christian Vergara in doubles, Miyawaki said. He also said Josh Legardy, Whitney Reed, and Seth Abram in singles were vital.

The day started in singles competition as Legardy, who is usually second in singles competitions, started in first position this time around. The usual first singles starter, sophomore Whitney Reed, played second on this match.

Dalton was the key player in the singles round, taking his game to three sets. He lost 1-6, 6-2, 10-8 playing as number three in singles.

Miyawaki said that Reed is “super strong” in singles play. EC’s assistant coach also complimented the team of Seth Abram and Dillon Sisson saying they were both “positive” and bring “good energy” to the team.

Reed finished his singles appearance by by losing 6-2, 6-0. The team of Abram and Sisson earned the Warriors one doubles win against the Brahmas.

Next up is a conference game against Mt. San Antonio here at home. The start time is 2 p.m.

For more info please visit: http://www.elcamino.edu/athletics/tennismens/index.asp

To see all the upcoming matches visit: http://www.elcamino.edu/athletics/tennismens/score.asp