The Warriors Sports Column

The women’s volleyball team are on a tear, beating team after team with half of the starters not even playing full matches.

The squad in blue and white is currently 19-2 overall and 9-0 in the South Coast Conference, add to the fact that the team’s SCC win-streak now stands at 29 matches.

Talk about overbearing presence within the division, because no one, no team, no coach in the division is going to stop the six-time conference champion repeat, there I said it.

With the ever-changing personnel on the court for any junior college team, it becomes difficult to constantly dominate, but Coach Le Valley Pattison has found a way to be successful.

EC women’s volleyball has been the conference champions in the SCC six times in the last seven years, and with the continued undefeated season this year, it would come as no surprise when they win it again.

Although the team is successful and has this massive win-streak, Pattison has told me countless times that the win-streak means nothing. She said that the only thing that matters is the prep and how the team shows up in each game.

The win-streak really does not mean as much as it should, and I would like to note that two of the teams in the SCC are god-awful.

L.A. Harbor and L.A. Trade Tech are just bad – there are no other words to describe the teams, mostly because, as a high school volleyball player myself, I understand the commitment it takes to be a part of a sports team.

I do love the fact that the Warriors and Pattison don’t just take wins for granted in this conference. In every interview, the players talk about the prep that goes into staying a powerhouse.

Only the Mt. San Antonio College Mounties had a chance to knock off the Warriors and the Mounties lost 3-1 at home against EC, and the Warriors are unchallenged in the SCC.

All-in-all the women’s volleyball team is excessively dominant, and this year the team will be the conference champions and no one is stopping that.