Women’s volleyball team wins against L.A. Trade Tech

Arriving at the L.A. Trade Tech campus last Friday, the women’s volleyball team knew instantly this game was theirs and were confident about winning.
“The team we played against wasn’t competitive, we had so much fun and knew this game was a win for us,” Elise Tizon, outside hitter, said.
Tizon said that playing against L.A. Trade Tech allowed the Warriors to play freely and coach Le Valley Pattison allowed the team to play different positions, which was exciting for them.
“Middle blockers normally don’t play in the back row,” Tizon said. “When they would dig balls, we would get excited because they normally don’t let the middle blockers play in the back row.”
L.A. Trade Tech tried and did not give up, they really wanted to out score the Warriors, Tizon added.
“The L.A. Trade Tech team was not good but they tried hard, you could tell they were pushing themselves,” Lindsey Colbert, right side hitter, said.
Colbert said the Warriors’ won in three games and could have won 25-0 instead but made small mistakes.
“If we could have hustled, the game would have been over in three sets,” Colbert said. “We didn’t want to sink to their level of play.”
The Warriors had no challenging moments during the game against L.A. Trade Tech, it was an easy game and they were confident they would have control over the ball Colbert said.
“The women of the other team did not give up, they were trying to keep up with us but we were the better team and had control,” Tizon said.
The women’s volleyball team will have their next game Wednesday against East L.A. College.