As summer transitions into fall, the student lifestyle also changes with it

Saturday marks the autumnal equinox, the first official day of fall. This signals the end of sum- mer months and the segue into winter months.

While welcoming fall with open arms, I cannot wait to wear scarves and enjoy the beauty that is the season of fall.

“I cannot endure to waste any- thing as precious as autumn sun- shine by staying in the house. So I spend almost all the daylight hours in the open air,” Nathaniel Hawthorne, an American novelist, said.

Even though summer months are magical, the transitional beau- ty that comes with welcoming fall is almost more of an exciting time.

Fall is filled with cozy fashions, delicious coffee drinks, “Rockto- ber” and it shares a certain aura with the holiday season.

The current heat wave may have many thinking that I am in- sane for being as thrilled as I am for the autumnal season, but when considering the exciting things ahead, how can you not be?

The heatwave should be over soon-I hope.

Shifting from strappy sum- mer styles into the expressive fall trends is one of the easiest fashion feats to accomplish, especially on a student’s budget.

For the ladies, opting to layer tights under summer cut offs and dresses is a great way to resource- fully wear warm weather trends while trying to keep warm on your way to an 8 a.m. math class.

I have been noticing a growing trend among men.

The guys have been reaching for military inspired jackets to throw on over sweatshirts to keep warm. This is an inexpensively in- triguing piece that you can find at any thrift or surplus store.

While wearing a few scarves and cardigans, it only feels ap- propriate to be walking over the sunset colored leaves and browsing the upcoming concerts in the Los Angeles area.

With fall comes my favorite month: “Rocktober.”

It’s just around the corner, and it marks the beginning of concert season in the Los Angeles area.

A helpful tip to not miss your favorite artists coming to town is liking them on Facebook or sign- ing up for email updates.

Getting on mailing lists will ensure that you will not miss the opportunity to experience your favorite bands and artists.

I am personally excited for The         First Aid Kit, a Swedish folk duo, to come to The Fonda Theatre Oct. 16 and M. Ward to be at the Orpheum on Oct. 21.

Thankfully, fall coffee drinks are on the shelves and ready to be served at my favorite coffee shops. Somehow, pumpkin spice makes any day better, even after a long night at one of your favorite con- certs.

Personally, the coming of fall symbolizes a new year.

With the beginning of the se- mester, I feel that this is a starting point to be productive, yet still be able to slow down and enjoy every moment, especially as we head into the holidays.

Growing up, my family has always been extremely festive around the holidays.

Fall signifies the start of the holiday season, filled with family, friends and festive traditions.

Fall is like a kickoff to the holi- days. Though there may not be any  holidays around the corner, the rituals themselves like bundling up and chatting with friends on a cold September evening is as special to me as any calendar holiday.

Some may groan at the thought of losing their beloved summer, but I feel that we should welcome the change with open arms.

Throw on a scarf and get ready for the exciting things that fall has to offer!