Crazy names can hinder a child’s future

According to In-Gender.com, there has been a recent rise in unusual baby names, causing banned names lists to pop up in different countries.

Celebrities have been known for naming their newborns outrageous names.

The list of outrageous celebrity baby names include Kal-El, the son of Nicolas Cage, Pilot Inspektor the son of Jason Lee, Fifi Trixibelle, the daughter of Bob Geldof and Paula Yates, and Apple the daughter of Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin.

However, that trend has now trickled down to the masses and non-celebrities are now joining in on this new fad. It is not only a problem in the United States, but also in other countries such as New Zealand, China, Sweden and Malaysia.

According to Global Post, the list of “worst baby names that are banned” by New Zealand’s names registrar includes Lucifer, Duke, Messiah and 89. Also not approved were names that were too similar to titles: Bishop; Baron; General; Judge; King, Knight and Mr.

According to Yahoo! Lifestyle Brfxxccxxmnpcccclllmmnprxvclmnckssqlbb11116 is an actual name a Swedish couple tried to bestow upon their son in 1996.

The parents said the name was to be pronounced Albin, and the parents chose it as a protest against Sweden’s admittedly strict naming laws. It is as if the parents were using their son as a backlash to government rather than caring for him as their own.

According to the New York Times, the Swedish ‘Naming Law’ states that parents must get government approval of the names they wish to give their children.

Also according to Yahoo.com, a couple in China called their baby the ‘@’ symbol – in Chinese characters, it apparently looks like ‘love him’. However, the authorities were less sentimental and publicized the moniker as an example of citizens bringing bizarre names into the Chinese language.

Although a country should be able to regulate what parents should or should not name their children, it is the responsibility of the parent to name their child something that they will not be embarrassing and hinder a child’s progress through life.

Parents, including celebrities are getting carried away with their creative license when it comes to naming their children.

The parents are not thinking about the future of their children or how hard life will be for someone to be taken seriously if Kyd is their name (child of David Duchovny and Tea Leoni).

Although some parents want their children to stand out, there is a boundary where a name goes from being unique to just plain ridiculous.

Parents should be more responsible about the futures of their children, including their names.

Names are the labels that their children will have to live with forever.

If the name is ridiculous, the person will not be taken seriously, have a tough time through their school years, and in the end, will have to work harder to prove themselves to be more than the result of an irresponsible parent.