Should people have sex on the first date? No

If an individual wants to set standards and morals for themselves, then sex on the first date should not be an option.

Having sex on the first date may sound appetizing, but it does not look good for two people who are both making an effort to get to know one another.

Think about it, if you have sex after just meeting someone on the first date, it may give the other person the impression that you are easy.

And if it seems as if there may be a future with this person, you don’t want to give them that impression.

Your first impression is sometimes your last impression when first meeting someone, and sex should not be the first.

According to the website Askmen.com, waiting longer before having sex in a romantic relationship is important because it gives you something to look forward to.

If you enjoy sex on a first date, you are starting the process back to front.

It’s quite backwards to get to know each other after you have already had sex.

Also, what may seem like a harmless thing to do can be harmful on the first date because you don’t know the person you are sleeping with.

The person could be a rapist, a killer or can even be carrying a sexually transmitted disease.

Even though there are condoms and other contraceptives available, you’re unaware of the person’s sexual history and there could be unplanned pregnancies as well.

When you set standards for yourself to hold off on sex on the first date, you’re also protecting yourself from harms way.

If you wait to get to know the person and have an idea of who they are, then you can make a better choice on having sex with him or her or not.

In addition, sex on the first date could lead to a strict sexual relationship with the other person instead of a romantic relationship.

Waiting to have sex keeps you more interested in the person and it makes you curious as to what the person has to offer.

It also helps keep the relationship a mystery.

By waiting, it also creates an  intense feeling between the two people.

Even though sex may be hard to resist at times, you will gain an even better reward if you wait a bit longer to get to know the person mentally, instead of only physically.