Should class schedules be printed? Yes

What may seem like a waste of time, paper and money to some students, to others it’s an absolute necessity to have printed class schedules.
According to an Academic Senate meeting $200,000 was spent for the year on mailing alone.
Although the amount of money used to print class schedules may seem too high, cutting the cost on printing them shouldn’t be an option.
Even though our world is surrounded by technology, there are a number of students who are not up to date with this century.
Not everyone is computer knowledgeable to learn how to look up their class schedules.
There are still some students who do not know how to use the college online system.
People cannot assume that every single student owns a computer at home or that they know how to use one.
Has anyone stopped and thought about the students who don’t have computers at home?
How will they choose their class schedules in the summertime for the fall  semester, if there is no computer available to them?
Yes, computers are available on campus but there is often a long wait to use the computers and that can be very time consuming.
With a schedule in hand, students have the time, class meeting dates and what classroom their class will take place in front of them.
Although we’re in hard economic times where there are so many budget cuts and $200,000 may seem like a waste, there are other alternatives that they can turn to.
A possible option for students can be to sign-up to receive a class schedule either online or through the telephone system.
Although students pay enough fees for their education, another solution could be that class schedules be charged for a minimal price that is easy on students pockets.
The size of the class schedules can also be changed in order to reduce costs. Large class schedules are not needed, small ones will do just as fine.
With different alternatives to choose from, this college can meet its budget and reduce spending on schedules while keeping all students content.