NO: Is the Arizona immigration law a good idea?

With the beautiful diversity that makes up American society, there is no way to tell if an American citizen is in fact a citizen or is undocumented based upon their physical appearance.
Therefore, to have a law that allows any law enforcement officer in the state of Arizona to stop an individual because there is reasonable suspicion “that the person is an alien who is unlawfully present in the U.S.,” is clearly racial profiling, which violates our civil rights. Yet, this is exactly what the SB1070 law allows the police to do.
The Arizona immigration law is unconstitutional and must be revoked because it violates our civil rights as Americans and makes the introduction to the Declaration of Independence invalid, states “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal.that among these (unalienable rights) are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.”
Are all men really created and treated equally if only those who look like “aliens” are targeted? One must ask what does an “alien” look like?”
The answer is nothing. There is no way to identify someone who is undocumented because there are U.S. citizens of all ethnicities and one can’t identify someone by appearance alone.
As ironic as it seems, descendants of immigrants who once arrived to this land looking for a better life, many of whom at one point were illegal themselves, believe that these individuals should be treated as felons, when most often they’re not.
They are not criminals. They are hard-working people who don’t mind working the dirty, back-breaking, low-wage jobs that American citizens find beneath them. The only thing that sets them apart is a lack of documentation.
This is comparable to judging the early European settlers who arrived and killed hundreds of thousands of Native Americans.It doesn’t mean that all of the Europeans were evil and heartless because there were those who were immigrating to America for a better future.
It is hypocritical for those who come from immigrants themselves to be calling for the deportation of other immigrants based on their physical appearance.
There is no way to clearly define what an American looks like. Unless one is of Native American descent, we should all be removed from the U.S. by those standards.