Did Obama deserve the Nobel Peace Prize? Yes.

Even though he’s only been in office for only eight months, President Barack Obama deserves to be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize because he’s focused on important issues such as strengthening our economy, our international relations and providing universal health care for the U.S.
More importantly however, Obama is more than just a president, he is a symbol for change, which is a platform he ran his presidential election on.
The word “Change” in relation to Obama could be seen everywhere on shirts, posters and bumper stickers. There was also his “Yes We Can” slogan that became so popular it was created into a viral video by “will.i.am” of the Black Eyed Peas.
This song featured a host of celebrities performing on Obama’s “Yes We Can” speech. The point is the name Obama has taken on a life of its own. Young people are running around wearing shirts with his face on them or a shirt with Obama’s slogans that Obama used and those things are a representation of Obama being a symbol to an entire nation.
Being elected as president is groundbreaking enough, but being the first black president has meant so much more to a big group of people.
Obama’s continuing efforts to provide Americans with universal health care will allow citizens to have affordable and accessible quality health care. It will ensure that citizens will be able to choose their own physicians to provide them their medical care.
Obama also wants to make sure that citizens have an easier way to get better health care for them and for their families.
Another thing that Obama has done to deserve such a prestigious award is the way he has been handling the unemployment rate in this country.
According to Obama’s economic agenda, he will create federal policies that will make more jobs available by a Federal Renewable Portfolio Standard. This will require 25 percent of American electricity to be created by renewable sources, which will create more jobs in this particular field.
Obama has done so much to deserve the award. He walked into a mess created by the Bush administration and has done all he promised he would do for the American people.
When thinking about the people who have won the Nobel Peace Prize it’s people who inspire others and Obama has done well at that.