Campus Forum

What is the History Club?
The History Club is an organization at EC that is open to anyone and promotes the study and enjoyment of history through fun activities.

Why do you think the History Club is important to EC?
I believe that the History Club is important because it gives history majors an opportunity to network with other students that have similar interests and academic goals.

What is the mission statement of the History Club?
The History Club is devoted to the active participation in advancement and improvement of the future through knowledge of the past.

What’s a general club meeting like?
The first half of the meeting consists of discussing upcoming events at school involving the different clubs at school as well as ours. The second half of the meeting is spent playing a game. One of our more popular games that we play is History Jeopardy which our president intricately prepares for us.

How can students get involved with the History Club?
All you have to do is show up at the meetings that are held bi-weekly in the Social Sciences Building, Room 207 Thursdays from 1 p.m. to 1:50 p.m.

Are there any requirements for being part of the club?
No requirements, we just ask that you show up to the meetings and participate in the activities that the club is involved in.

Are there any upcoming events the club is involved with?
The club is planning a trip to an elementary school where it will talk to the students about the fun side of learning history and hopefully kindle a romance with the subject.

Why do you think so many students are disinterested in history?
I believe that there is a stigma when it comes to studying history that was instilled in us during our grade school years and it hasn’t allowed us to enjoy the study of history because we were taught to memorize names and dates.

What is your major and career path?
I am currently a history major and plan to transfer to Cal State Northridge where I will continue my studies in history.

What are some of your personal goals for the club as VP?
My main goal and I think I can speak for everyone in the club, is that we would like for the club to live on long after our current members and myself have left EC.