Titanic Anniversary exhibit on display at the Schauerman Library

Former EC Alumni Robert Migliorisi’s model of the Titanic will be on display at the Schauerman Library until the end of the semester.

Migliorisi said that the exhibit is to honor all those who perished on the night in April 12, 1912 and is meant to present the artistry and skills of both Migliorisi and Ken Marschall—an author of books containing Titanic illustrations who has also appeared on the History Channel.

Migliorisi said that because of Marschall’s expertise on the Titanic, Marschall was hired by James Cameron, producer and director of the movie “Titanic” to help in the movie-making process.

Migliorisi added that the exhibit in the library features a model of the Titanic along with several books by Marschall and pictures of him with Marschall.

Migliorisi is also a maritime historian with a bachelor’s degree in history from California State University, Dominguez Hills. Among other skills he is a professional model builder and believes that the tragedy of the Titanic will be with us even longer as it demonstrates men’s arrogance and vulnerability and lack of respect toward Mother Nature.

Migliorisi is proud to have such an important event featured at EC.

“Please enjoy the exhibit going on now until the end of the semester and check out the books by Ken Marschall with his fantastic illustrations,” Migliorisi said.

Students might find the Titanic model interesting and consider it a valuable learning experience.

“I think the Titanic model is a great way to teach students interested in history more about the subject.” Melanie Castro, 23, political science major said.