Warriors take a swing at championship

An important win was brought home by the women’s tennis team on March 20 against Rio Hondo.
The Warriors took all of the singles (6-0) and the doubles as well (3-0) making the final scores 9-0.
“I’m feeling more confident. Being aggressive was the key to win my sets;(6,0) (6,1),” Chun Young Shin, freshman, said.
On March 21 the Warriors had a home game against Mt. Jacinto and they continued with their winning streak beating them 9-0, improving their record to 11-2.
For this game Jillian Dineros, sophomore, didn’t see action due to a little pain in her hand.
Fiat Tapaneeyakorn, sophomore, had a great performance against her opponent and won both of her sets, (6-2) (6-2).
Shed added that she is doing a good job, but she would like to improve her strokes.
The men’s tennis team had a tough home loss against Mt. San Jacinto, but fortunately this was a non-conference game so they see this game as an “experience to learn from.”
For singles, the Warriors only won one of their matches with the final score of 1-5.
On doubles the story wasn’t different just winning one of them with a final score of 1-2 and making a game score of 2-7.
Yasuto Miyawaki, sophomore, lost his 2 sets, (4-6) (3-6).
“After the first set, my mental game went down.  I will learn from this loss and this will help me for future games.” Miyawaki said.
“It was a really tough game” Andrew Stier, sophomore, said.
He added that he should improve everything to help the team.
Jonathan Cipiti, sophomore, didn’t see action during this game due to the amount of players that San Jacinto brought to the courts, but he was supporting the team from the outside.
“We are one game away from our goal. We are really happy with the team results,” he added.
The Warriors need one more victory to seal the conference championship and finish with an excellent season.