Soccer game

The excitement of being able to play with a full roster worked towards the teams advantage because the Warriors won yesterday against San Bernardino Valley College 2-0.
Goals weren’t scored within the first half; out of five attempts all were missed. Twenty minutes into the second half, a goal was scored and within two minutes of the first goal, the second was scored.
“The game yesterday was played fifty-fifty,” said assistant coach Eddie Barragan who clearly values the quality of the game over stats, saying that the best game was against Glendale College where El Camino (THE WARRIORS) lost 1-0.
“Yesterday was a clean game,” said forward and 2nd year veteran, Luis Paz, he believes this season’s team will be strong because of the fresh goalie and the good defense and midfield.
“Yesterdays game was good,” said Jose Ortega who sat out yesterday’s game due to an injury, “All the defense was injured afterwards.”
The first three games were lost to Chaffey, Golden West, and Glendale Colleges due to missing key players.
Before yesterdays game, the team was not complete because some of the players didn’t schedule the twelve-unit minimum needed to play on the soccer team.
“The team is starting to take shape,” said Coach Britton who goes on to say that teamwork is building within the team and if the team could recreate the energy of yesterday’s game, they have a chance at being competitive.
“Its another young team,” said Barragan who points out that for the beginning of the season, the players are going to have to learn how to play together.
“The games before yesterdays don’t exist to me, we won yesterday and that’s what matters,” said Ortega of the game against San Bernardino College.