EC women’s soccer team gets shutout in loss

Freshman forward Tatiana Granados attempts to cross the ball across the field to a teammate. Photo credit: Amira Petrus

With a new hope and new opponent the EC women’s soccer team lost 2-0 against Long Beach City College, Friday Oct. 10.

During the first 15 minutes of the game the Warriors dominated possession of the ball. With crisp passing and good communication the team was able to get a couple scoring opportunities but was unable to convert.

“I feel I should pressure harder, I know I have a little bit of the speed and I know I should finish better, but I took my chances and I think I did pretty well as our team did pretty well,” Andrea Elias, 19, freshman said.

The two goals were scored in the first after after the EC defense let down.

“I think my defense is working great,” Sophomore G]goalkeeper Melissa Paramo goalkeeper said. “I think we just have to work in getting the ball behind the neck; I think that’s the main problem but we are working hard and it’s getting there.”

The next game of the EC women’s soccer team will be Oct. 17 against El Camino Compton Center at 1 p.m., according to the EC 2014 women’s soccer schedule.

“We played with much more tenacity a lot more passion and a much better ethic work over all,” Gervais said.