Police Beat April 26 – April 30

April 26, 7:57 p.m. According to the report, an officer was patrolling the inner campus when he saw a suspicious male sitting near the North Gym. When the officer approached the subject, the man got on is bike and started riding towards the officer. When the officer tried to detain the man, who was not a student, he was uncooperative and refused the officer’s request to be searched for weapons. The man was arrested for failing to comply with an officer and was given a trespassing notice.

April 27, 8:55 a.m. Officers responded to the MBA Building regarding a medical aid call. According to the report, a female staff member was sitting in a chair at her desk when she passed out. A student in the class told an instructor, who then called campus police. Paramedics were called and they transported her to a local hospital.

April 28, 12:05 p.m. An officer responded to the police lobby regarding a theft report. According to the report, a female student said that someone stole her truck’s bed liner from the back of her truck. A report was taken.

April 28, 2:48 p.m. An officer responded to the Student Activities Center for a medical aid call. According to the report, a female student was stung by a bee on her left foot. The student was treated at the Health Center.

April 28, 4:15 p.m. An officer responded to the police lobby regarding a disturbance call. According to the report, a female student said that while she was in the library a male student yelled profanities at her because he didn’t want to move from the computer she was assigned to. Library staff asked the male student to leave and then he threatened the female. Officers told the student to call campus police if she saw him again.

April 29, 6:20 p.m. According to the report, a male student walked into the campus police station and requested to be taken to the hospital. His chin was bleeding but he couldn’t tell the officers why. Paramedics were called and transported him to a local hospital.

April 30, 3:50 p.m. According to the report, officers observed a suspicious female sitting in the walkway near the campus police station. When officers contacted the female, who was not a student, they discovered that she was on parole for drug possession. According to the report, when asked if she had anything illegal in her possession she said she had a methamphetamine glass pipe in her purse and that she had smoked methamphetamine that morning. She was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia and transported to the campus jail for processing. She was later released.

April 30, 4:42 p.m. An officer responded to the Child Development Center for a medical aid call. According to the report, a female staff member said that her blood pressure had dropped and that she was feeling faint. Paramedics were called but she declined to be transported and said that her daughter would pick her up.