Campus Viewpoints: What are students and staff thankful for this holiday season?

Students of El Camino shared with “The Union” what they are most thankful for this Thanksgiving holiday.

Oliver_Arredondo.jpeg
Oliver Arredondo, 22, Computer Science major: "I'm thankful for community college in general to be honest, it starts out as a nice basis for many students" Photo credit: Tanya Silerio

Oliver Arredondo, 22, computer science major: “I’m thankful for community college in general to be honest, it starts out as a nice basis for many students.”

Attachment-2.jpg
{"cameraType":"Wide","macroEnabled":false,"qualityMode":2,"deviceTilt":-0.0057134521193802357,"customExposureMode":1,"extendedExposure":false,"whiteBalanceProgram":0,"cameraPosition":1,"focusMode":1} Photo credit: Tanya Silerio

Andrea Diaz, 20, film production major: “(I’m thankful) that I have (family) cause (there are) people that don’t have family.”

Attachment-3.jpeg
Photo credit: Tanya Silerio

César Jiménez, Associate Dean of Counseling and Student Success: “I’m thankful for my family, I’m thankful for my friends, and I’m thankful to be at El Camino. I just started working here at El Camino in February. I moved from Chicago (and it’s my) first time ever living in California. I’m happy to be at this school, it’s a good group of folks, great team and awesome students.”

Attachment-4.jpg
{"cameraType":"Wide","macroEnabled":false,"qualityMode":2,"deviceTilt":-0.0064897974953055382,"customExposureMode":1,"extendedExposure":false,"whiteBalanceProgram":0,"cameraPosition":1,"focusMode":1} Photo credit: Tanya Silerio

Salvador Fraire, 21, English major: “I’m thankful for my family, cause without them I wouldn’t be able to do what I do. (They are) supporting me going to school, so I’d say my family.”

Attachment-5.jpeg
Photo credit: Tanya Silerio

Carlos Fraire, 19, psychology major: “(I’m thankful for) the support that I get around school, since I’m in (the) Puente (project) they support me, they give me help, (so school) becomes an easy experience for me. That’s what I’m thankful for.”