There’s bigger concerns than Michael Jackson’s death

As unforturnate as the death of Michael Jackson was, the case surrounding it has certainly turned into a thriller.

As entertaining as Vegas showgirls, love affairs and drugs can be, I think it’s about time the news covers something that’s actually important.

Now, not that it isn’t important to bring justice to the death of one of pop culture’s most famous performer’s, but is it really necessary for it to be broadcast on almost every channel on TV?

Every morning  the television is turned on and Dr. Conrad Murray’s mug is all over it.

Down the street at the court house, people are lined up to try and get the public seats available for watching the trial in person.

Really? I’d think with the economy the way it is and the lack of jobs out in the world today, people in Los Angeles might be out looking for steady employment instead of fighting for a ticket to the crazy show.

People and reporters are even lined up waiting hours before the trial begins. As if watching the family and friends of the deceased singer would have any affect on how they view the trial.

This is a trial people, not the red carpet to a fancy awards show.

According to the LA Times, “A security official standing on the other side of the yellow tape told them [fans] they had the best vantage point and would definitely get an up-close view of the Jackson family as they enter the courthouse.

The court allocates six public seats, with four additional spots as stand-by if there is room. Each morning a lottery is held at the Temple Street entrance to the courthouse.”

The prosecution plans to parade Murray’s love life during the trial.

After questioning his former patient, it is now his ex-girlfriend’s turn to take the hot seat.

It is understandable that Jackson was a big celebrity figure. However, a South East High School senior accused of fatally stabbing his estranged girlfriend on campus was on the news.

All but two minutes was taken from the news segment to cover and inform the viewers about what happened.

It is about time that news started to broadcast things that are important to the community.

Yes, daytime TV is filled with talk shows about paternity tests, soap operas and education connection commercials, but when the news is on, why must it be taken over by only one trial. There is much for other people to know.

Jackson has many fans, many of whom are watching the trial, however, why not air the trial on channels designated for news like this.

Some websites even make it possible for viewers to see this on their homepages, so why not view it there? People should not be giving this only option on their TV stations.

The purpose of this trial is to get justice for the death of Jackson, however, it seems as it is just another way for TV stations across the country to fight over ratings.