Gardena police arrest person on suspicion of connection to armed robberies

A suspect was arrested, on Wednesday, by the Gardena Police Department on suspicion of having a connection with the two armed robberies on Aug. 31, according to a campus advisory sent on Friday.

In an earlier story by “The Union,” Lt. John Hocking, of Gardena Police, said that there were people arrested on the suspicion of being the culprits, including Jhakaree Tyree King (the only suspect who was identified by Hocking).

King and his companions were the original suspects, of the Aug. 31 robberies, who were caught trying to steal an iPhone on Sept. 5.

Hocking was not available to speak with for the current arrested suspect, due to being out of the office until Nov. 14.

Although the suspect(s) have been arrested for the first two robberies, there have been a total of four armed robbery incidents this semester.

The most recent of which happened on Oct. 17, in which an African-American man, age 30-40 robbed a student on campus in the Lot B parking lot.

Police released a photo of the suspect, but no witnesses have come forward to identify the suspect.

While the third armed robbery of the semester was on Oct. 4, in which an African-American man between the ages of 28 and 30 approached a student and robbed him of all his belongings on Lemoli Avenue and Manhattan Beach Boulevard.

There have been no updates on either case, El Camino police chief Michael Trevis said in emails prior to today’s campus advisory.