Case of fraud leads to campus

Recent investigation involving Eamon Daniel Higgins consisting of visa fraud for taking classes and courses for various international students has been linked to EC.
A copy of a charging document naming Higgins, was released this week by United States District Court for the Central District of California Southern Division that provided when the incident occurred at EC.
The document stated in Overt Act No. 3 that on or about May 20, 2009 defendant Higgins agreed to take the Math placement examination at El Camino College on behalf of a citizen and national of the United Arab Emirates who had entered and remained in the United States on an F-1 student visa.”
According to the L.A. Times, the Daly City, California found a wallet containing several fake California driver’s licenses, all bearing a photo of Higgins’ nephew, according to a criminal complaint filed the case.
The names that were found on the fake ID’s were listed in federal databases as being foreigners on student visas and studying at various campuses in Southern California, according to the L.A. Times.
Many colleges and universities have also been linked to this case including, California State Of Los Angeles, Irvine Valley College, Santa Monica College and California State Dominquez Hills.
No further information has been released about other incidents involving EC. However according to a copy of the criminal complaint released by U.S. District Court, approximately 150 foreign students contacted Higgins throughout the eight month investigation.
According to the release, each e-mail contained information such as classes and tests that were to be taken by Higgins and his associates, and also including information about money payments.
L.A Times also stated Higgins’s received up to $1,500 for course assignments and finals and about $1,000 for English and writing proficiency exams from 2002 to 2009.
Currently awaiting trial on May 4th, Higgins faces charges of conspiring to commit Visa fraud and is right now free on bail and facing a maximum penalty of five years in prison