Police Beat

Police Beat
By: Anna Goolsby

April 29, 6 p.m.
Arriving to school at 6 p.m. and returning to his car at 8:40 p.m. a student noticed his vehicle had been burglarized. He said the driver door was ajar upon his arrival, his backpack was unzipped, and his guitar stolen. The grand total of missing items is $600 and there are no suspects.

April 30, 4:30 p.m.
Officers received a call to the North wing patio of the Schauerman Library because a student had fainted. She said she had a headache, stomach pain, and vomiting. She was transported to the hospital for further evaluation.

May 1, 9:44 a.m.
Sitting in the bench at a bus stop on the corner of Redondo Beach and Crenshaw boulevard, a student noticed a male walking across the street towards him. The suspect came by, took off his back and told the victim he was disrespecting his girlfriend. The male stared assaulting him until a witness broke up the fight. The victim sustained minor injuries due to a head butt and lacerations to his lips because he wore braces.

The suspected was contacted, booked for an assault and brought to the station. He received a notice to appear and was sent to the dean. The male claimed it has been an ongoing issue with the victim harassing his girlfriend.

May 1, 12:21 p.m.
In the Schauerman Library, officers reported to a theft. The victim said that the previous day he was studying in a cubicle in the East wing and forgot his cell phone when he left. He returned five minutes later to discover it gone. The total stolen was $427 and there are no suspects or witnesses.

May 1, 2:44 p.m.
After threatening the life of a police cadet on campus and driving off, he was pulled over off of campus. He told the cadet he was going to die in 10 to 15 minutes. He was arrested for criminal threats and brought to the EC Police Station. He received a notice to appear.

May 1, 9 p.m.
Pulled over on Manhattan Beach Boulevard due to a vehicle violation a driver received a notice to appear. Turned out he had a $15,000 warrant to his name.

May 2, 4:19 p.m.
Officers ran the plate of a vehicle on Redondo Beach Boulevard to discover there was no record of the license on file. A traffic stop was done in order to contact the driver. Approaching the vehicle the officer asked if there was anything illegal in the car. In answer to that a question, a small amount of marijuana was in plain view. The driver was detained and arrested for possession while driving. The vehicle was impounded.