Police Beat

Woman stabbed, beaten near EC

A woman was punched and stabbed with a knife in Lot F on Nov. 8 by Carlos Uccu, her ex-boyfriend, police said.

The woman was waiting for a taxi on the curb of Manhattan Beach Blvd.; Uccu drove up and allegedly forced her to drive his car.

While she was driving, Uccu yelled at her and pulled her hair, then took out a knife and threatened to kill her.

Uccu allegedly ordered the woman to pull the car into the EC parking structure, who refused. Uccu allegedly attempted to stab the woman and punched her repeatedly in the face and head.

The female victim managed to escape and reach EC police, but received multiple bruises on her face and stabs wounds on her hands; she was transferred to Gardena Memorial Hospital.

An arrest warrant is out for the suspect, described as a Hispanic male. Neither the victim nor suspect are students of EC.

Sexual attack suspect still sought

Police tracked down the suspect of the sexual battery incident, which occurred Oct. 28.

The suspect came with his mother and proved he was not the suspect; he was cleared of charges.

Police continue to seek help from the public, especially from witnesses of the incident.

Driver ignores stop sign, crash results

A vehicle ran a stop sign and collided with another vehicle Wednesday on the road next to the softball field. There were minor damages to both vehicles.

Car with expired registration towed

A car was towed for having expired registration for more than six months Wednesday in the parking structure.

The tabs expired on July 2003.

Suspects identified in store shoplifting

Three people shoplifted from the Common Grounds Monday; police have their photos and plan to track them down.

The three subjects will be prosecuted and will see the Dean of Students, police said.

The Campus Police Department is located at 16607 S. Crenshaw Blvd. The phone number is (310) 660-3100.