Warriors prepare to celebrate

Students will have an opportunity to learn more about the different clubs on campus or to get to know people at the homecoming game.

The homecoming game takes place Saturday from 6 to 8:30 p.m. and there will be a homecoming dance afterward.

Jason Tran, president of Inter-Club Council (ICC), said that homecoming is a tradition which celebrates the last home football game against Pasadena.

The crowning of the homecoming king and queen follows the football game.

“It is an annual event which takes place every October or November,” Tran said.

Each club on campus gets to nominate two of its members to as the king and the queen.

“There are thirty clubs on campus but only seven of them have nominated a king and a queen,” Tran said.

“I am really pleased to have the opportunity to represent my club and make our club more well-known because it is new,” Jessica Garcia, vice president of the Latino Organization for Minority Achievement and homecoming queen candidate, said.

A pep rally took place Tuesday at the Student Activities Center stage area to get non-club students more involved in homecoming.

“It was a time for us to introduce the football team, the cheerleading squad and the homecoming candidates,” Tran said.

Tickets for homecoming are $5 for students with valid ID and $3 for student IDs with ASB stickers.

“This is probably the only event that bring athletes, cheerleaders, the ASO, various clubs and students all together,” Tran said. “It is a great opportunity for students to be a part of EC community.”

Homecoming

Warriors face the Pasadena Lancers at Murdock Stadium from 6 to 8:30 p.m.

Tickets are $3 for students with a valid student ID and $3 with an ASB sticker.

Tickets may be purchased today in front of the Schauerman Library Lawn.

The candidates for Alpha Gamma Sigma are Ashley Beasley and Jay Sakol.

The candidates for the Associated Student Organization are Wala Budri and Philip Gomez.

The candidates for Circle K are Candace Cabanilla and Bill Lopez.

The candidates for Der Deutsche Klub are Rachael Kartsonis and Daniel Ruiz.

The candidates for the Latino Organization for Minority Achievement are Jessica Garcia and Manuel Tena.

The candidates for the Latter Day Saints Student Association are Melina Plascencia and Morkodh Chhuon.

The candidates for the Sociology Club are Syreeta Clark and Sherwin Parker.