Police Beat

Drunken driver charged

Officers observed a possible drunken driver speeding down Manhattan Beach and Crenshaw boulevards Tuesday.

When the drvier got into a traffic collision, ofiicers pulled over the car and noticed the smell of alcohol.

The man failed a sobriety test and was transported to the Torrance Police Department.

He will be charged with driving under the influence as well as driving with a suspended driver’s license.

Car damaged in Parking Lot H

Upon returning to his car, a student found the passenger side of his vehicle damaged Wednesday in Lot H.

Officers said it is a possible hit-and-run with no witnesses.

There are currently no suspects.

Staff member has back pain

A staff member complained of pain on the right side of her lower back and her leg Thursday in the Science Building.

She had a previous injury on her back about five months ago.

Officers arrived and transported her to the Health Center, where she was given medication but refused to be examined.

Student’s cell phone stolen

A female student was walking toward the intersection of Crenshaw and Redondo Beach boulevards Wednesday night when she was approached by a man who bumped into her and took her cellular phone, then ran northbound on Crenshaw Boulevard.

A student found her cell phone, but the suspect has not been found. He is described as a black male, about 6 feet tall and 200 pounds.

Student loses consciousness

A female student lost consciousness while doing a one-and-a-half mile run during her class Saturday.

The woman regained consciousness after a few minutes; the fire department was contacted and she was transported to Gardena Memorial Hospital for further testing.