Police Beat

Cheerleader injured

During a football game on Saturday night, a cheerleader attempted to perform a manuver causing her to slip and land on her neck. The football team trainer examined her and released her to her mother, who later planned on taking her to their personal doctor.

Drinking in school

Officers observed a large group of students standing around the trunk of a car Saturday night in front of Marsee Auditorium. When officers approached the car, a strong odor of alcohol lingered around a cooler in the trunk. Officers confiscated a large bottle of alcohol along with a small amount of marijuana. The driver of the car was cited for possession on school grounds.

Heroin before class

Before going to class near the auto shop area last Wednesday, a student observed another student sitting in his van, possibly injecting drugs into his arm. After the student was done, he walked into the auto body shop. When officers arrived, the student stated that he was on active parole for possession and transportation of a controlled substance. Officers searched the student and his van and found a variety of narcotic paraphanalia, including a hypodermic needle, a baggie with brown residue, and a 10-inch military style knife. The student will face charges of possession of narcotic paraphanalia and possession of a hypodermic needle.

Ex-couple fight

Officers received a disturbance call to the Administration Building on Wednesday after a student was assaulted by her ex-boyfriend. The assault occurred due to a argument over a cell phone.

The student’s ex-boyfriend grabbed her and started to shake her; the victim then kneed him in the groin. When officers arrived, the male subject was gone.

Days later, the student was assaulted at the McDonalds in front of campus and her ex-boyfriend was arrested by Gardena Police.

Items stolen

A staff member reported that a computer and software were stolen from the Innovation Center in the library Wednesday afternoon. The total amount of loss was over $1,400. There are no suspects.