La Villa Restaurant meets expectations

Students have more choices of what to eat other than McDonalds and Subway.

Just one block away from school on Crenshaw Boulevard is a cozy authentic Mexican restaurant.

La Villa Restaurant is a small neighborhood restaurant with about 10 tables and no waiting area.

They have reasonable prices and it is a great place to go when you’re not craving a cheeseburger and fries again.

“Our price ranges anywhere from $2.25 to $13.95,” Maria Gardner,  co-owner,  said. “It depends what people get from just enchiladas or a plate of Nachos Grande to go.”

You can even let La Villa Restaurant come to you, as they also cater. There are not many restaurants where catering is available, however with just a 24 hours notice and a $80 deposit, La Villa Restaurant will come cater your next event.

“We serve large party trays of our different dishes, appetizers, chips and salsa and even fruit arrangements,” Gardner said.

They also offer breakfast which is great when you go late in the morning and are craving some authentic Mexican breakfast. During dinner time, they served anything from tamales, enchiladas, flautas and tacos to a chicken wet burrito

“We offer many combinations from a Tamale and Enchilada to a Chile Relleno and Enchilada we provide a lot of different combinations,” Gardner said. “Some of the customer favorites are the bean dip we offer with chips, all of our specialties come with a choice of salad or albondigas soup.”

However, the restaurant did not have Horchata, which most Mexican restaurants serve.

All-in-all the La Villa is a cozy mom and pop restaurant that has great service. It’s affordable and a good place to go to whether it’s for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

So if you’re craving something besides cheeseburgers and sandwiches, go try some authentic Mexican food at the La Villa Restaurant.