‘Fund Fair’ provides good fun and games for students

The members of the Society of Music club are raising funds during the Fund Fair on the week of Nov. 14 – Nov. 17. – Facebook Page: facebook.com/societyofmusicECC. Photo credit: Alba E. Mejia

El Camino hosted its annual Fund Fair on Monday on the Library Lawn, providing a variety of food, drinks and games to benefit various clubs on campus.

The clubs that the EC students were supporting and benefitting includes the Inter-Club Council, (ICC), the ECC Science Club, the ECC Broadcasting Club, the ECC Film Club, the ECC Society of Music and the Honors Transfer Club (HTP Program).

The fair sold food including blueberry and chocolate muffins sold for $2 by the ICC club, nachos for $2 and soda for $1.

“I bought a muffin for $2 at the Inter-Club Council and I ate the muffin and felt good about supporting the clubs on campus,” Kameron Squalls, 19, arts design graphics major said.

Squalls’ favorite clubs to support at El Camino were the HTC and the ECC Film Club, because the HTC is used to help students get to a higher college and the ECC Film Club need funding because filming costs a lot of money.

Though there were few game booths at the fair, the EC Broadcasting Club had a “Presidential Simulation” booth where you can throw three different politically symbolic items at the mock candidates of the 2016 Presidential election. This booth proved to be one of the most popular of the night.

Abedein.JPG
During the Fund Fair on Monday, Nov. 14, students could play again called Presidential Election Simulator. Students could throw objects at "Clilary Hinton" or "Tronald Dump" One is a piece of the "Wall of Mexico," the other is piece of a private e-mail server and the other is a piece of the "Legendary lost shoe dodged by G.W. Bush." Photo credit: Alba E. Mejia

Diego Perdomo, 18, journalism major and member of the ECC Broadcasting Club, participated in the Presidential simulation game.

“I only participated in the game because you get to throw props and items at Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton (impersonators), like a piece of the wall from Mexico, the email server and the shoe thrown at former President George W. Bush,” Perdomo said.

Another student at the fair who was trying to raise money, Shira Basa, 19, Music Major and Vice President of the ECC Society of Music, felt that people there were very helpful, friendly and welcoming.

A booth staff member Josh Sabels, 21, chemistry major and President of ECC Science Club, wanted to get the word out the club exists and to raise awareness of his club, which is known for its trips to the American west, including Arizona, Utah, and parts of California and Nevada.

“I really want my club to be interacting a lot more with students, and we have pictures of our club trips on display so we are hoping that it gets people to join us,” Sabels said.

The price for the tickets of this fair to play games ranged from one ticket for $1, four tickets for $3 and eight tickets for $5.