Warriors lose to referee’s decision

From 30-yards away, a Mt. SAC player beams a shot that bounces off the top crossbar and back into play in last Friday’s game.

“It was really surprising the ref called it a goal, because the side judge raised his white flag which meant it wasn’t a goal,” Brittany Brown, midfielder, said.

The side judge made the call a no goal, but the head official from 40-yards away rewarded Mt. SAC the goal.

“Even the coach for the other team said it wasn’t a goal,” Brown said.

The last thing the Warriors’ needed was the referee to decide the outcome of the game without any explanations Brown added.

The Warriors went on to lose the game, 2-0.

Coach John Britton said he felt disappointed towards the decision call and was in disbelief and upset.

The Warriors did have a few opportunities to get on the scoreboard but were unable to take advantage of them.

“It was frustrating and it was a good even game,” Britton said.

“We had three break away chances were the game was one on one with the goalie but we couldn’t cash in,” Britton added.

Despite the loss against a physical team, the coach remains optimistic going forward.

“Even though we lost there are a lot of positives that we can take away from the game,” Britton said.

Last Tuesday the Warriors took on Pasadena College at Robinson Stadium, which resulted in a loss, 5-1.

The score was 1-0 at halftime until Pasadena scored four goals in the second half putting the Warriors away.

Cassandra Orozco, midfielder, scored in the first half, off of a header thrown in by Hallie White, defender.

Roxanna Uribe, midfielder, scored the only goal for the Warriors on 38-yard blast.

Coach Jaymie Baquero expressed her disbelief and said that the 50-50 balls really killed them.

“It’s extremely frustrating we are letting the other team beat us to the ball. When there is that 50-50 ball we are letting them have it,” Baquero said.

On Sept. 18 the Warriors’ traveled to the Inland Empire to take on San Bernardino College.

The Warriors got shut out 3-0, Victoria Valadez, midfielder, scored once and Milan Galloway, forward, scored twice.

Aside from the loss, the Warriors suffered two injuries.

Alyssa Heely, goalkeeper, suffered a strained wrist and Madison Nishimoto, defender, suffered a knee injury.

The Warriors’ next game is tomorrow at EC Compton