Mistuloff makes a difference on baseball team

After long hours of strenuous practice and warm-up sessions out in the field, no satisfaction is bigger for Alex Mistuloff, pitcher, than to see the Warriors’ baseball team win games.

Helping his team conquer different opponents makes Mistuloff feel very proud of what he has contributed, and quitting is a word that he said has never crossed his mind.

This baseball season has been filled with victories for the Warriors.

They have defeated some of the top junior college baseball teams.

With 110.1 innings pitched, Mistuloff ranks second for overall pitching, holds a fielding percentage of 1.000 without errors, and ranks No.7 for wins in the South Coast Conference according to the California Community College Baseball Coaches Association website.

Mistuloff is also considered a pleasure to work with by coach, Nate Fernley.

“Alex is highly competitive, which motivates him to get better, and there is always a chance for us to win when he goes out,” Fernley said.

The success of his game makes him a valuable contributor to the team and sets the Warriors off to a great path.

“(Mistuloff) goes out there and gives us a chance to win. I believe he is one of the top pitchers at the junior college level,” Marvin Flores, centerfielder, said.

Mistuloff’s pitching skills, along with good sportsmanship, make his teammates proud.

“He mentally over-prepares himself to play the game really hard every time he pitches, and is a good friend,” Ralphael Ramirez, pitcher and outfielder, said.

Mistuloff began playing baseball as a child. The athlete said his parents were the ones who introduced him to the sport and he is happy they did.

“My parents motivate me and I want to continue playing until someone tells me you are not good enough to play anymore,” Mistuloff said.

When he’s not studying for a class or practicing his game, can be found relaxing at home or playing a game of football with friends.

In order to manage his time between school, sports and friends, Mistuloff said that he goes home after practice and tries to get all his schoolwork done before doing anything else.

As for his future, Mistuloff is considering majoring in sports business or sports management.

Mistuloff said he wants to continue playing for the Warriors, working hard work and paving the way towards success.

“I am going to continue playing for as long as I can. At the end, who knows how far it can take me,” Mistuloff said.