Baseball team show its pride against Compton College

Home games this past week turned out to be in the favor of the Warriors as they won two of their three games against Compton College.

“I don’t want to be too dramatic, but it’s a feeling of team pride,” Sean Isaac, third baseman, said.

The Warriors won their first of two home games on April 10 at Warrior Field.

“You get that this is ‘our territory’, you don’t want to lose to anybody on our field,” he added.

It took Compton all of the nine innings to challenge the Warriors as they scored two final runs creating a tie between the two teams.

“They were a surprisingly really strong team, very competitive, and played until their last pitch,” Isaac said.

During the bottom of the tenth inning, the Warriors earned a run by Ronnie Galosic, outfielder, breaking the tie and winning the game, 4-3.

The away game on April 12 at MLB Youth Academy field in Compton turned out to be a loss.

“They didn’t have great offense, we literally walked nine people,” Isaac said.

Compton dominated the game and the Warriors lost, 2-12.

“The walks are tough when you want to get a win,” Cole Trezek, third baseman, said.

The Warriors’  home game against Compton, April 14, resulted in a   1-0 win.

“April 12, was a tough game to lose, I’m glad we came back with today’s win,” Trezek said.

Warriors’ pitcher, Alex Mistuloff, shutout Compton as they earned no runs in the entire game.

“From the beginning he was cruising along and getting everyone out, he continued with good tempo through the game,” Trezek said.

Mistuloff had 13 strikeouts on April 14, his current strikeout count in the South Coast Conference is 27 and he places overall fifth place in the conference.

“He did a spectacular job keeping us in the game,” Tony Asaro, assistant coach, said. “He was amazing yesterday,” Asaro added.