Warriors use their defense to get a win

Gaining an additional two wins this past week, playing defense helped the baseball team against Cerritos’ Falcons as the South Coast Conference continues.
The Warriors are midway through the South Coast Conference; its current standing is 4-5.
The Warriors began their battle against Cerritos with the first of three games on March 20 with a win, 4-0.
“Our pitching and defense put us in a position to win and we’re able to score runs,” Tony Asaro, assistant coach, said.
Pitching through all of nine innings, Alex Mistulof who has placed second in rank just below Chris Lovejoy, a pitcher from Los Medanos College, had two strikeouts and gave up only three runs against Cerritos’ Falcons on March 22.
“Although we didn’t hit particularly well, we did pitch really well,” Sean Isaac, first baseman, said.
Hoping to win again on March 22, the warriors lost 2-3.
“We’ve played a pretty solid game, we caught the ball when we needed to,” Cole Trezek, infielder, said.
The Warriors had gained a run in the first inning.
“We out hit the other team, it was the trouble of timing a hit, putting them together to generate a run,” Trezek said.
The Warriors were behind two runs by the time they earned their second run of the game in the fifth inning.
“We don’t want to panic, we have to find a way to win ball games anyway possible,” Isaac said.
The Warriors’ third game against Cerritos on March 24 resulted in a win, 4-0, similar to their first game.
Pitchers, Drew Freeman and Daniel Timmerman came out of the dugout with an opportunity to close out the game and win, Asaro said.
The Warriors will play next against Harbor City College today at Warrior Field at 2:30 p.m.