Baseball Warriors lose to East LA

Coming out of their fifth straight win in a row and back-to-back blowouts the Warriors encounter a challenge in East LA College’s Huskies.

“It was a dog fight until the end,” Cole Trezek, pitcher, said.

The team pulled through gaining a victory of 4-2 on March 6.

“Overall strength and true grit is what kept us pulling through the game,” Trezek said.

The cold weather caused some difficulty but not enough for the team to lose its focus in winning.

“Every little thing mattered,” Trezek added.

The team had a consistent winning streak up until March 8 as they played their second of three games against the Huskies.

Sean Isaac, first baseman, said ELAC’s pitcher on March 8 was left-handed causing the team to quickly adjust their hitting style.

“We adjusted way too late in the ballgame to make it a factor,” Isaac said. “He hit his spots really well,” he added.

Gaining a run during the bottom of the eighth inning ELAC was already ahead by three runs.

“We actually played really well, we stuck with the same approach for the game, (however) the balls weren’t really falling for us,” Trezek said.

The Warriors ended its game on March 8 with one run by pitcher Cole Trezek, four hits, three errors and one RBI by infielder Johnny Palmer.

The team lost, 1-4.

Returning back to ELAC on March 10 the Warriors attempted another victory but lost short of two runs.

“We did a really good job yesterday, however, East LA college did a little bit better,” Tony Asaro, assistant coach, said.

A home run was hit by Cole Trezek during the top of the sixth inning but it wasn’t enough to keep the momentum going against a solid ELAC pitcher.

“As a result of good pitching we forced ourselves an opportunity to fly out more than usual,” Asaro said.

The Warriors lost to ELAC, 3-5.

The Warriors will continue its mission in winning the conference as it’s more motivated to win at its next games against Mt. Sac College.

“We always have a little taste of disappointment, it’s not something we’re going to take to the next game, we’re going to let it go, play hard and win,” Trezek said.

The Warriors will play Mt. Sac College tomorrow at 2:30 p.m on Warrior Field and again on Saturday at Mt. Sac College at noon.