Softball #4

Since winning March 18 5-2 to Pasadena City College for the third win of the season, the Warriors have dropped the last three games since.

The Warriors had the bases loaded against Harbor College, but designated hitter Cathy Villalobos grounded into a double play to leave two runners on instead.

This would have made it a closer game, but instead the Warriors would go on to lose 11-3 to the Seahawks in five innings last Thursday.

Starting pitcher Alyssa Stout went five innings and allowed 14 hits and 11 runs and walked three and strikeout one against Harbor College.

The team’s next game will be at 3 p.m. today against Cerritos College at the EC softball field.

Despite the lost coach Susie Calderon was pleased with her team.

“I was pleased in their hitting and we made some errors, but the errors just killed us,” Calderon said.

The Warriors didn’t meet their expectations for this game, but coach Calderon always has the same expectations for her team.

“Will obviously your expectations for every game are to win, but when you have errors at,” Calderon said.

Coach Calderon was proud the way her pitcher Stout played going 2-3 with two singles and a run scored and defensively she was impressed by Shortstop Stephanie Hall performance in the infield.

“She did a outstanding job,” Calderon said, referring to Stout hitting performance. “Defensively she is a outstanding player and she saves us a lot of runs and she’s a good player and she a good heads up and she knows the game and she done a good job there,” referring to Hall performance.

This past weekend the Warriors, where at the Santa Barbara tournament going 1-3. The Warriors won 9-0 to L.A. Pierce, but lost the earlier game 9-1 to host Santa Barbara on Saturday. The Warriors lost both games of the tournament on Sunday, 14-0 to Saddleback and 10-0 to Golden West.

“We just want to goes have fun and this is going to be a nice outing for the (ladies), they deserve it, it’s been a tough season for them and we had to endure a lot of stuff and it’s been really tough,” Calderon said. “I want them to have a really good time and I kind of wished it could have came sooner.”

Coach Calderon didn’t change her expectations for the tournament, as she expects to do well in every game.

“I would like to win all four games and I think we can and the only problem is that Alyssa has pitched this whole time and I’m really proud of her, she’s picked up the slack and she’s pitched some great ball games, she really has and she’s hitting, so she doing a outstanding job,” Calderon said.

The only problem the Warriors had at the tournament is that they only had one starting pitcher because the other starting pitcher Natasha Milosevich is out with an arm injury.

“I don’t know how far Alyssa can goes this weekend and I’m hoping she can throw all four games, but she may not and I might have to put someone else in there, but it’s possible she can do it,” Calderon said.