Warriors’ softball team puts in the effort but strikes out again

Bases were loaded with one out in the bottom of the third inning.
EC pitcher Natasha Milosevich stepped up to the plate and could’ve given the Warriors the lead, but she grounded out to the opposing pitcher
and the third-base runner was out at home.
This was a big out for the Warriors
because that would have tied the game at two each but the Warriors
went out to lose 6-1 to rival L.A. Harbor College this past Tuesday.
Starting pitcher Milosevich went five innings and allowed seven hits and three runs and walked one and struck out four.
The Warriors are coming off loses to L.A. Mission, 8-4; L.A. Valley, 14-7; and Pasadena City 7-0.
The Warriors next game is today against East Los Angeles College at 3p.m. in the EC softball field.
Despite their loss, coach Calderon was proud the way her ladies played last Thursday, against L.A. Mission.
“I thought the kid’s came out strong, we scored first I thought that was a good feeling
and we outhit
that team, but we had unfortunate
errors happen at the wrong time with runners on, that the bad thing,” Calderon said.
Shortstop Stephanie Hall baptized the new field with the first home run for the Warriors of the season.
“Yeah I heard it, it was pretty cool,” Hall said referring to the first home run hit in the new softball field.
EC still continue
to struggle defensively, and that has led to runs for the opposition.
“I don’t want to say major errors because I think it’s acclamation of timely errors at bad situations when we have runners on, that makes it tough, but I think last Thursday we had like four errors,” Calderon said.
The Warriors led twice last Thursday against L.A. Mission College
1-0 and 3-1.
Second Basement
Jennifer Hernandez doubled and was brought home by catcher Katie McGoldrick double in the bottom of the first.
Designed Hitter Alyssa Stout singled and was pinch run by Sheneice
McGee and Hall singled, moving McGee to second and Center Fielder Brittany Vedenoff bunt to Shortstop, McGee out at third and Hernandez singled to score Hall and Vedenoff in the bottom of the third.
Calderon has a lot of expectation for her team this year.
“Well you know, were going to get it together, I like this team we played great and we fought,” Calderon said.
The Warrior’s get one new player this year from El Segundo Cathy V.
The Warrior’s welcome back two player’s from last year catcher Melissa
Linares, who quit four or five games into the season because of a class schedule and outfielder Brittany
Vedenoff and infielder Hall return’s,
after being injured last year.
“Steph hands down had a great game, defensively turning two double play’s,” coach Susie Calderon said.