Warrior stay no. 1 in california

Laughter and cheers could be heard in the South Gym last Friday night when the Warriors defeated East Los Angeles to improve their record to 15-0 (6-0).

The Warriors outscored their opponent 75 to 38 and were able to give the reserves a lot of playing time.

” We played well,” Deja Dickerson said. “When we play a team that isn’t our level we tend to play down to theirs, but we didn’t do that today.”

The win against ELAC helped EC keep their no. 1 ranking in California.

The Warriors came out strong against ELAC and take the first game 25-9.

The second game would be no different as they came out leading 3-0 and a Donella DiDemenico ace would give a big 8-1 lead early.

El Camino would continue to play well and extend their lead to 17-5. The second game would end at 25-12 with a Hattie Waybright kill.

An unspoken rule on the volleyball team would come into effect, as Kiley Tamblyn didn’t get the game point serve over. Whenever a member of the volleyball team doesn’t get the game point serve over they have to make cookies.

The reserves would come enter the match at the start of the third game and Tamblyn would move from libero to outsider hitter.

“It felt good and it was fun, even though I didn’t play as well as I would have liked to,” Tamblyn said. “It was good to get everyone a chance to get some playing time

The Warriors would come out flat, but would manage a 15-8 lead after a Waybright ace and an Amanda Rico kill.

After a small rally by ELAC, the Warriors would step it up and Tamblyn would get her first kill on the night and put EC up 20-13. The bench and crowd went crazy after Tamblyn’s kill.

The crowd went wild again as Tamblyn would rack up another kill to make it 22-15 and Rico would give the Warriors a 25-17 win.

“I think the difference is that we came out with a lot of energy tonight,” Dickerson said.

The stats were spread all around and Waybright stood out having four aces, six kills and five digs. Kayelani Tanuvasa would be another bright spot with five kills, five digs and twenty assists. Yacine Meyer would round it out with four kills and seven digs.

The Warriors hope to have outsider hitter Sarah Prather back as soon as possibly this week after missing the last three weeks to a knee injury.

“It was fun tonight because we got to get a lot of girls some time on the court and we got the win,” coach Le Valley Pattison said. ” Next Friday will be a big test for us because we will be on the road and Pasadena has only lost one game all year.”

After having two home games last week, the Warriors will have to hit the road as they will take on rival Harbor on Oct. 14 and at Pasadena on Oct. 16.