Men finish halfway between glory and defeat; ready for LBCC

Soggy conditions didn’t favor the men’s golf team which had to play lift, clean and place golf in its conference match Monday in Chino.
The team managed to place fourth among the seven teams that played at the Chino Creek course, one of two courses located in El Prado.
First-year player Marc Kawasoe was the leading scorer, shooting an even par round of 72.
Following Kawasoe was Ben Araya, who only shot one over par for a score of 73.
Andrew Pulaski, with a score of 74, was two over par, while Sylvester Sion, with a score of 76, went four over par.
Jason Campbell had the highest score on the team with a score of 78, putting him at six over par.
Overall, EC lost to three teams and beat the other three teams with an aggregate score of 376.
“This is a very good score; that’s an average of about seventy-four-and-a half strokes, which is a very good scoring in golf,” coach Terry Titus said.
The team is made up of three returning players and five first-year players.
Long Beach came in first place with a total score of 360. The College of the Desert placed second with a score of 365, while Mt. San Antonio College placed in third with a total score of 366.
“Last year’s team scored this well most of the time as well,” Titus said. “I still think this is a pretty good team.”
The Warriors will play at El Dorado golf course in Long Beach today at a time yet to be determined.
“I’m confident that we will do a lot better against Long Beach,” Kawasoe said.
EC will then travel to Mt. SAC Monday at a time that is also yet to be determined.
Titus, in an effort for the team to have better performances, likes to prepare his teams at the specific courses where they will be playing at next.
“Whenever it’s possible, we like to play a practice round at the course before the match,” Titus said.
No matter what course the team plays on, Kawasoe said the players keep their confidence high and are determined to correct the errors.
“I’m confident in my game,” Kawasoe said. “I know I missed a few putts that could have improved my score, but otherwise I did pretty well in this match.”
Despite having a relatively new team, Titus has a positive attitude about its new members and what it can accomplish during its upcoming matches.
“All eight of the players that I have are all capable of shooting pretty much par golf or even better,” Titus said.