Do you think RateMyProfessors.com is helpful? Yes.

Besides word of mouth, RateMyProfessors.com is the best way to find the perfect class.

How would you know which math professor to choose if your friends couldn’t recommend someone?

Former students are the judges of the instructor you look up, so who’s more qualified to voice their opinion and cast their vote than students who have taken that class?

Some might ask if it is fair to instructors, but everything is on the Internet now and this website is legal and PG-rated (except for the hotness rating).

Instructors make impressions on students, and that drives these review sites. Instructors can definitely have bad days, and reviewers might be bitter about bad grades, but it is up to users of the site to weed out illegitimate reviews and come to their own conclusions.

These sites aren’t going to affect professors’ careers because they are meant to be taken with a grain of salt.

No respectable institution would hire or fire someone based on reviews on RateMyProfessors.com.

To get down to the nitty-gritty of the site, it grades on: overall quality, helpfulness, clarity, easiness and, questionably, the hotness of the instructor.

So overall, these points are key in finding the perfect instructor for your classes.

The website is not hurting anyone, in fact it is helping college students to choose classes they will be most successful in.

It’s hard enough to get through college during this economic crisis.

Classes are hard to come by, so students must make them count.

It’s more important than ever for students to be taking classes that are right for them and choosing the right professor is a major part of that.