Should Planned Parenthood have kept its funding? Yes

Federal aid for Planned Parenthood is a great benefit to low income women.

Through this program, women can obtain a wide range of services such as birth control, information on sexually transmitted diseases as well as general health care, breast and cervical cancer screenings and testing for sexually transmitted diseases.      There has been  arguments on what the money is being used for from both Democrats and Republicans, questioning  if the money granted to the program is being used to perform abortions on women.

However, according to an article by the Washington Post, abortions cover only 3 percent of the services offered by Planned Parenthood.

Planned Parenthood should continue to be funded because the amount of unwanted pregnancies can  increase if it doesn’t have the funding that it needs.

According to another article by the Washington Post, Planned Parenthood receives federal grants through a program called Title X, which provides financial aid for family planning.

Currently, Planned Parenthood uses the money from Title X for services in its more than 800 health centers all over the U.S.

Often times the information women receive regarding birth control and the correct use of contraceptives comes from this program, especially when it comes to young women.

By law, the money coming from federal grants cannot be used for the performance of abortions.

Conservatives argue that clinics use part of the money to not only perform abortions, but to support abortion rights as well.

The $80 million in grants received by Planned Parenthood each year makes a big difference in the lives of women, as it provides breast and cervical cancer screenings.

Not every woman in this country has health insurance and not a lot of options are available.

Planned Parenthood is available in multiple locations in the U.S. making their services easy accessible.

Fees for the services Planned Parenthood provides are based on each womens  household income. Making it that much easier to care for their health needs.

To many women, Planned Parenthood is their only option and if it wasn’t for the money they receive from the government, then a lot of women would not have anwhere else to go.