Unique and Traditional Study Habits work well for Students

Being a successful student and studying enough goes hand in hand, that is why students have developed unique study habit as well as keeping traditional ones.

While there are many study ideas that have been used and generally known, students have found success in non-traditional study habits and are

certain that they will work for other students.

David Cruzano, 22, communication major, said that for him, exercising allows for him to get ready for learning.

“It’s a kind of weird but after working out it is always the best time to study for me,” Cruzano, 22, said. “I guess it just clears my mind a bit, so that helps with studying for difficult subjects and I think more people should try it.”

New methods of studying have improved grades for some students in particular subjects. While traditional methods of studying are good in general, subject based study methods are quite effective.

“For oral presentations, looking in the mirror and talking never worked for me so I started recording myself,” Christina Benitez, 20, English major, said. “When I do that I can learn better with what I need to work on and because of that I got better grades on my presentations.”

Traditional study habits, like studying in a quiet atmosphere is very common, according to in article in huffingtonpost.com, taking away distractions such as technology is good way to concentrate on studying. Students also seem to find this traditional method of studying effective for most subjects.

“I have to be somewhere quiet when I study for anything, I don’t like being distracted,” Kimberly Macnab, 25, undecided major, said. “I concentrate better when I’m not distracted by things, like loud noise and I focus more on what I’m working on.”

While there are effective and good habits to have for studying for exams or presentations, there are also bad examples of what students have used to study. Some students struggle with studying for multiple exams to they have to take and develop these bad habits.

“Honestly I don’t study as much as I should because I can never just focus on one class for too long,” Aaron Wright, 19, undecided major, said. “I try to study for harder test and ignore the ones I think I’ll pass and end up not passing the one I thought was easier.”

Whether they are good or bad habits students believe that new study methods are more appealing and can overall make studying a better and less stressful experience.

“Its good to learn different ways to study because what works for me might not work for everyone but its always good to try new things,” Cruzano said.