Transfer fair to take place on campus

To help better the process of transferring, students will have an opportunity to get help.

The Transfer Day Fair will take place from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Tuesday Oct. 4 at the library lawn.

“The universities are going to have a lot of information and handouts about the school and admissions as well as about their programs,” Sue Oda-Omori, Transfer Center Coordinator, said.

“Students who are undecided can hit up a lot of campuses on one day,” she added.

More than 70 universities will be at the fair including all of the UC’s and most of the local Cal States. There will also be a lot of historically black colleges and out-of-state colleges, including Arizona State University and University of Hawaii.

“It’s a good opportunity to be able to talk to representatives first hand,” Darrius Robinson, Automotive Technology student said. “I’m interested in USC and UCLA.”

The fall transfer day fair is the largest transfer fair of the year, sponsored by the transfer center.

Students are invited to visit the tables of each university and ask question, and make contacts with other representatives from different universities and colleges.

“The funding for the fair comes from the associated students,” Oda-Omori said. “Students who buy the ASB stickers are funding the fair.”

For more information contact, Oda-Omori or Joe Holliday, Honors Transfer Coordinator in the Transfer Center at 310-660-3593, ext. 3408.