Early registration and meeting counselors are crucial for student success

As we all know, attending college can be an arduous practice. One of the inconveniences of being a college student is registering for classes. However, with the large number of budget cuts at community colleges and universities statewide, students are receiving fewer classes that they want, in particular the math and sciences classes. One of the things that are in jeopardy of being cut is the Winter Session starting next year.
If students need to speak with a career counselor, they need to make sure they give themselves as much time as possible. Other areas that have been hit with budget cuts on college campuses are the access to career counselors. In order for students to make an appointment, they need to stop by the Transfer Center by Monday at 9 a.m. and are then able to get appointments the following week. These times fill up quickly so it is important to be there as close to 9 a.m. as possible. For students’ convenience, there are drop-in sessions with counselors, but there is often a long wait to see one.
For students that are continuing their education at EC, registration started on Nov. 23. To find out your registration times, log on towww.elcamino.edu and click on MyECC. Continuing students have been able to view this since Nov. 15. New students have some time before they find out their registration times. New students can find out their registration appointment times starting on Dec. 8, and can start registration starting on Dec. 15. Students are not able to register before their appointment time, but can register anytime afterwards. It is important that they check when their registration times are.
https://ecc-portal.elcamino.edu/_auth/Logon.aspx?ru