Veterans speak on past experiences

It’s been more than 30 years since the end of the Vietnam War and as we near the end of 10 years fighting in Iraq , EC’s history club will be hosting a panel with veterans of the Vietnam War and Iraq.
“Everyone who will come will learn about the historical aspect of the different wars and it will be a great way to talk about the different aspects of the wars,” Dr. Florence Baker, history professor said.
The student organized event will be showcasing Vietnam Veterans, Dr. Charles Bossler, Donald Swope and Iraq veteran Alexander Wood. The event will be hosted in the Communications Building room 308 next Thursday from 1 to 2 p.m.
“The panel will go for about 50 minutes, each of the Veterans will get 15 minutes to talk to the students then they will do a question-and-answer session afterwards,” Baker said.
According to the event’s flier, the panel discussion will revolve around the question: “How does war affect the soldiers?”
“It will be interesting to see how they will contrast about the different wars they took part in,” Baker said.
Baker also said that students will find the panel discussion interesting, due to the fact students will be become aware of the history about both foreign wars.
“Both of the wars have affected many people and it will be very interesting for students to hear from the experiences these Veterans have had, especially when the school has many Veterans on campus,” Baker said.