News Line

1.EC alumnus will give tips on applying to UCLA

There will be a UCLA alumni scholars and scholarship program session today from 1 to 2 p.m. in Humanities Room 202.
Students will learn about UCLA scholars program from a former EC student currently studying at UCLA, get tips on applying for the UCLA alumni scholarship and find out about deadlines to apply. Interested students may call the Transfer Center at 310-660-3593, ext. 5481, for more information.

2.Representatives will visit Library Lawn for fair

There will be a spring Evening Fair today from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Library Lawn. Students will meet with university representatives and learn about the different universities, admission requirements, majors, campus life, financial aid, housing and more. Students may call the Transfer Center at 310-660-3593, ext. 5481, for more information.

3. UCLA campus tour to occur tomorrow at 7 a.m.

The Transfer Center is offering a UCLA tour tomorrow. Students will depart at 7 a.m. from the Industry Technology Shop and return at 5 p.m.
A $5 refundable deposit will be required upon sign up. Students may sign up at the Transfer Center and call at 310-660-3593, ext. 5481, for further information.

4. Transferring to a CSU workshop to take place

There will be a “How to transfer to a CSU” workshop Tuesday from 1 to 2 p.m. in Humanities Room 109.
Students will learn about CSU admission requirement, CSU transfer tips and strategies that will help with the transfer process. Interested students may call the Transfer Center at 310-660-3593, ext. 5481, for more information.

5. Cheer tryouts to be on Wednesday in PE Room

Cheer tryouts will be Wednesday from 5 to 7 p.m. in P.E. Room 52. Interested persons can contact Kathy Taing at [email protected].

6.UC transfer workshop will be on Wednesday

There will be a How to transfer to a UC workshop Wednesday from 1 to 2 p.m. in Humanities Room 111.

7. Circle K International to host a charity ball

There will be a fundraiser for the Long Beach Memorial Hospital’s Pediatrics Ward on Friday May 7 at the Gardena Ken Nakaoka Community Center.
Tickets will be $12. Contact Monique at [email protected] for more information.